NIPSCO will be closing Peddlers Village Road for one day only from Elkhart Road (US 33) to Reliance Road on Friday, September 15th (weather dependent) to complete the project begun at the end of August. For more information on this road closure visit the City’s interactive Road Closure Map: bit.ly/GoshenRoadClosureMap.
On Thursday and Friday, September 14 and 15, the section of N. Indiana Avenue between the railroad tracks and Wilden Avenue will be closed for road reconstruction (note: these dates are weather-dependent). During this time the N. Indiana Recycling Drop-Off Center will be closed to the public. Please plan accordingly to drop off recyclables before or after the road project. The City of Goshen appreciates everyone’s patience and cooperation as we work to improve this section of roadway.
For more information on road closures in the City of Goshen visit https://bit.ly/GoshenRoadClosureMap.
For more information on these projects visit the City’s interactive Road Closure Map: bit.ly/GoshenRoadClosureMap
Over the next two weeks, the City of Goshen and its contractors will need to close sections of roadways to complete projects. Additionally, NIPSCO Gas will need to close several sections of roadways to relocate existing utilities and install new utilities. These road closures are weather-dependent and may shift as needed. Updates will be posted to the City’s interactive Road Closure Map.
The City of Goshen projects are:
- A one-day closure for College Avenue between Brinkley Way East and County Road 31 on Wednesday, August 30th.
- A three-day closure for N. Indiana Avenue between Wilden Avenue and the railroad tracks beginning on Tuesday, September 5th to the 7th. For more information on this asphalt project visit https://goshenindiana.org/asphalt-replacement-.
The NIPSCO Gas projects are :
- A one-day lane restriction next to the County Courthouse Project on Reliance Road on Monday, August 28th (the road will be open but with flaggers to direct traffic).
- A three-day road closure for Peddlers Village Road from Elkhart Road (US 33) to Reliance Road from Wednesday, August 28th to Friday, September 1st.
- An overnight road closure for Reliance Road from Peddlers Village Road to Elkhart Road (US 33) from Tuesday, September 5th to the 6th.
The following roads and bridges will be closed in the coming days for inspections and construction:
Jefferson Street will be closed from Fifth to Main streets starting 7 a.m. Tuesday, Sept. 27, until Friday, Sept. 30, for the replacement of damaged concrete in the roadway, sidewalk and alley approach.
Elkhart County will close down Indiana Avenue Bridge, which goes over the Elkhart River, on Tuesday, Sept. 27, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. to perform a fracture critical inspection required by the Indiana Department of Transportation.
New Street will be closed from Pike to Wilkinson streets beginning at 7 a.m. Wednesday, Sept. 28, for the replacement of damaged concrete panels in the roadway.
The Lincoln Avenue Bridge, which goes over the Elkhart River, will be closed from 8 a.m. Oct. 4, to 8 a.m. Oct. 7, to seal the concrete deck with epoxy coating.