Thursday, April 22, 2021
White Dogwood As a Goshen resident you are invited to call and reserve a free bare-root tree in honor of Arbor Day. The Arbor Day celebration is one of many activities that the City of Goshen’s Tree Board plans each year. The resident-based Tree Board was established over 20 years ago to promote... more
Thursday, April 22, 2021
In conjunction with the Goshen Chamber of Commerce’s “Beautify Goshen” Week, the Goshen Street Department will be making additional disposal services available to assist city residents in their “Beautify Goshen” tasks. This free service is offered only during the first full week in May... more
Thursday, April 22, 2021
The Goshen Street Department will begin its spring brush and leaf collection on April 26th and it will run until May 8th.During this first collection the street department will pick up both leaves and brush. Please have the brush and leaves out before the start date to ensure pick up. Because... more
To view a livestream of this meeting, go to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87204396911 or call (312) 626-6799 or (929) 205-6099 and dial the meeting/webinar ID: 872 0439 6911. To speak during the public meeting, the public should use the “raise hand” feature on meeting or dial *9 if calling on the telephone.
Tuesday, May 11, 2021, 3:00pm
To view a live stream of this meeting, go to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88473622441 or call (312) 626-6799 or (929) 205-6099 and dial the meeting ID: 884 7362 2441. To speak during the public meeting, the public should use the “raise hand” feature on meeting or dial *9 if calling on the telephone.
Monday, May 17, 2021, 2:00pm
Please click the link below to join the webinar: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88677698824 Or Telephone: (301) 715-8592 or 312 626 6799 Webinar ID: 886 7769 8824 Dial *9 to "raise hand" and speak during public comment
Fire Truck Specs/Info
The City of Goshen Engineering Department, Planning Department, and Fire Departments have initiated regular plan review meetings (Technical Review) to review site plans prior to permitting. The intent of this meeting is to allow the developer to receive comments from each department, at one meeting. Technical Review is not for preliminary proposals, which are reviewed through a separate pre-development meeting scheduled on an as-needed basis.
Contact Tara Hetler in Goshen Engineering with any questions regarding Technical Review at (574) 534-2201 or email@example.com.
Technical Review Process:
1. Site plans and all required forms are submitted through our online portal three weeks prior to the Technical Review meeting. Refer to the calendar for submittal deadlines and meeting dates. Please follow the checklist as a guide to what information is required to be shown on the plans as well as the additional forms that may be required depending on the scope of the project.
2. Plans are reviewed by each department and comments are prepared. Comments are provided to the applicant one week prior to the scheduled meeting.
3. Staff from the technical review committee and project/development representative(s) meet to review and discuss the project.
4. If revisions are required, the applicant must upload the full set of revisions, not revised pages only, through the online portal including a description of how and where each comment was addressed. Plans must be dated and contain revised notes and symbols.
5. Once the revisions are accepted they will be reviewed by each department. Our goal is to have any revisions reviewed no later than 10 business days from the acceptance date. We will send a notification when all reviews are complete. You may also see the status of the review process through the portal.
6. Once plans are approved a Zoning Clearance is issued by the Planning and Engineering Departments.
7. A hard copy of the approved site plans will then need to be submitted to the Building Department along with the construction drawings, Construction Design Release form, and the Plan Certification form, completed by the individual that submitted the plans to the State. For any questions regarding the submittal process/requirements for the building permit, the Building Department can be reached at (574) 534-1811.
8. A Building Permit is issued by the Building Department once a proposed development has passed the Building Department’s Local Plan Review, a Zoning Clearance is issued, and zoning and building permit fees have been paid.
9. Required inspections are conducted by the Building Department, Stormwater Department, and the Planning Department prior to occupancy. For more information on the Planning and Stormwater Departments requirements click here.
10. A Certificate of Occupancy (CO) is issued by the Building Department. A building may not be occupied or opened for business until a Certificate of Occupancy is issued.