Friday, February 16, 2024
The Goshen Forestry Division will begin young tree pruning the week of February 19. Our initial focus will be on Oak trees in neighborhoods between Lincoln and Plymouth Avenues. Specifically, we will plan to work on street trees which the City planted in or near the right-of-way over the past 12... more
Thursday, February 15, 2024
The City of Goshen Community Relations Commission is hosting a luncheon on International Women’s Day, Friday, March 8, from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Goshen Theater to celebrate and honor women in the Goshen community. “I’m looking forward to celebrating the women of Goshen and am grateful... more
Tuesday, February 13, 2024
The City of Goshen and Goshen Community Schools announced a new Fire and EMS Pathway Program during Monday’s joint City Council and Goshen School Board meeting to enable students from Goshen High School to complete fire and EMS training. “This exciting new partnership between the City of Goshen... more
To view the webinar, please copy and paste this link on your browser: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89051557762 Or call: (301) 715-8592 or 312 626 6799 Webinar ID: 890 5155 7762
Thursday, February 29, 2024, 4:00pm
To join the webinar please copy and paste this link on your browser: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88469251269 or call +1 312 626 6799. Webinar ID: 884 6925 1269 Comments are no longer taken online.
Monday, March 4, 2024, 4:00pm
Public may join in person or virtually by following this link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89736482570
Fire Truck Specs/Info
The City of Goshen Engineering, Planning, Stormwater, and Fire Departments have initiated regular plan review meetings (Technical Review) to review site plans prior to permitting. The intent of this meeting is to allow the developer to receive comments from each department, at one meeting. Technical Review is not for preliminary proposals, which are reviewed through a separate pre-development meeting scheduled on an as-needed basis.
Contact Tara Hetler in Goshen Engineering with any questions regarding Technical Review at (574) 534-2201 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical Review Process:
1. Site plans and all required forms are submitted through our online portal three weeks prior to the Technical Review meeting. Refer to the calendar for submittal deadlines and meeting dates. Please follow the checklist as a guide to what information is required to be shown on the plans as well as the additional forms that may be required depending on the scope of the project. Projects that will include a separate foundation permit must include foundation plans and a separate Zoning Clearance form for the foundation permit as part of the Technical Review submittal, along with a separate foundation permit application via the online portal made at the time of the Technical Review submittal.
2. Plans are reviewed by each department and comments are prepared. Comments are provided to the applicant one week prior to the scheduled meeting.
3. Staff from the technical review committee and project/development representative(s) meet to review and discuss the project.
4. If revisions are required, the applicant must upload the full set of revisions, not revised pages only, through the online portal including a description of how and where each comment was addressed. Plans must be dated and contain revised notes and symbols.
5. Once the revisions are accepted they will be reviewed by each department. Our goal is to have any revisions reviewed no later than 10 business days from the acceptance date. We will send a notification when all reviews are complete and comments are ready. You may also follow the status of the review process through the portal.
6. Once plans are approved a Zoning Clearance is issued by the Planning and Engineering Departments.
7. The full set of building/construction plans should be submitted to the Building Department via the online permitting portal at the same time the plans are submitted to the State, or as soon as they are prepared if no State submittal is required. The construction plan submittal requires a Plan Certification form completed by the individual that submitted the plans to the State. The Construction Design Release should be uploaded when it is received; it is not needed for the initial submittal. For any questions regarding the submittal process/requirements for the building permit, the Building Department can be reached at (574) 534-1811. *Please note,Technical Review and construction plan review can be submitted and reviewed concurrently.
8. If there is a separate foundation permit, the Zoning Clearance for the foundation will be issued when Technical Review and foundation plan review are complete. The foundation permit fee must be paid separately from the building permit fee.
9. A Building Permit is issued by the Building Department once a proposed development has passed the Building Department’s Local Plan Review, a Zoning Clearance is issued, and zoning and building permit fees have been paid.
10. Required inspections are conducted by the Building Department, Engineering Department, Stormwater Department, and Planning Department prior to occupancy. For more information on the Planning and Stormwater Departments' requirements and the cold weather Completion Agreement process click here.
11. A Certificate of Occupancy (CO) is issued by the Building Department. A building may not be occupied or opened for business until a Certificate of Occupancy is issued.