Thursday, September 20, 2018
Brush pickup for the month of September ( and the last brush pickup of the year) will begin Monday, September 24, 2018. During scheduled brush collections, the Street Department will make only one pass through the city to pick up brush. Please have your brush by the front curb, but not in the street,... more
Wednesday, September 19, 2018
The Goshen Street Department will be paving S. 10th Street from College Avenue to New York Street. The road will be restricted to one lane, with flaggers to help with traffic flow. more
Wednesday, September 19, 2018
Governing Body: Community Relations Commission of Goshen (CRC) Date and Time of Meeting: October 2, 2018 at 6:15 PM Place of Meeting: Abshire Cabin (Goshen Parks Facility, 1302 East Lincoln Ave., Goshen, IN, 46528 Pursuant to the... more
Monday, September 24, 2018
During scheduled brush collections, the Street Department will make only one pass through the city to pick up brush. Please have your brush by the front curb, but not in the street, by that Monday morning at 7:00 am. Brush will not be picked up in alleys and the piles should be trash free. Crews cannot access the piles if blocked by vehicles.
Monday, September 24, 2018, 2:00pm
Monday, September 24, 2018, 7:00pm
The City of Goshen Planning Department, Engineering Department, and Fire Departments have initiated regular plan review meetings (Technical Review) to review site plans prior to permitting. The intent of this meeting is to allow the developer to receive comments from each department, at one meeting. A project representative is not required to attend Technical Review, but attendance is recommended. Technical Review is not for preliminary proposals, which are reviewed through a separate pre-development meeting scheduled on an as-needed basis.
Contact Tracee Norton in Goshen Engineering with any questions at 574-534-2201 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Three (3) sets of Plans and Plan Review applications and required forms are submitted to the Planning Department three weeks prior to the Technical Review meeting (see Technical Review Calendar).
2. Plans must include a completed checklist indicating where the required information is located in plan documents.
3. Planning Department keeps one set and routes remaining plan sets to the Engineering and Fire departments.
4. Plans are reviewed by each department and comments are prepared.
5. Staff from departments and project/development representative meets for Technical Review to review and discuss the project. Written comments are provided to the applicant one week prior to the scheduled meeting.
6. If revisions are required, the applicant must provide 3 sets of amended plans to the Planning Department. Plans must be dated and contain revised notes and symbols.
7. The Planning Department will distribute amended plans to Fire and Engineering Departments. Each department will notify the Planning Department when approval is granted.
8. Once plans are approved a Zoning Clearance is issued by the Planning and Engineering Departments.
9. A Building Permit is issued by the Building Department once a proposed development has passed the Building Department’s Local Plan Review, a Zoning Clearance is issued, and zoning and building permit fees have been paid. The following plans are submitted to the Building to obtain a building permit:
10. Required inspections are conducted by Building Department, Stormwater Department, and the Planning Department prior to occupancy. For more information on the Planning and Stormwater Departments requirements click here.
11. A Certificate of Occupancy (CO) is issued by the Building Department. A building may not be occupied or opened for business until a Certificate of Occupancy is issued.