News & Updates All »

Goshen Parks and Recreation to host a family movie night at Shanklin Park

Friday, July 19, 2024

Goshen’s Parks and Recreation Department is hosting its second movie in the park this summer on Friday, August 2nd at 7 p.m. at Shanklin Park, featuring the 2023 Pixar film “Elementals.” Bring blankets and lawn chairs to enjoy this family-friendly movie on the big screen. A concession stand will... more

Tentative dates for Norfolk Southern railroad crossing closures announced

Thursday, July 11, 2024

The City of Goshen’s Engineering Department announced during Thursday’s Board of Works meeting a tentative timeline for the upcoming railroad crossing closures by Norfolk Southern. The City’s engineering department has been in communication with Norfolk Southern since the city was notified last week... more

Update on upcoming Norfolk Southern crossing closures

Wednesday, July 3, 2024

Last week, the City of Goshen informed residents that Norfolk Southern plans to close several crossings throughout the month of July to install new rails with an approximate start date of July 8th. The work is now expected to begin on Tuesday, July 9th, or Wednesday, July 10th, and will continue through... more

Upcoming Events All »

CANCELLED City Council

Monday, July 22, 2024, 6:00pm

To view a live stream of this meeting, go to or call +1 305 224 1968, Webinar ID: 816 5277 7559. Comments are no longer taken online.

Shade Tree Board

Monday, July 22, 2024, 7:00pm

This meeting is in-person only.

Board of Zoning Appeals

Tuesday, July 23, 2024, 4:00pm

To view the webinar, please copy and paste this link on your browser: Or call: (301) 715-8592 or 312 626 6799 Webinar ID: 890 5155 7762

Planning and Stormwater Final Exterior Requirements

Planning & Zoning and Stormwater Final Exterior Requirements

In order to receive a Certificate of Occupancy (C of O), your project must meet and pass inspection for all City of Goshen Building Department requirements as well as exterior site requirements overseen by the Planning & Zoning and Stormwater Departments. Click the link for more information on those requirements:
Basic Requirements for Planning & Zoning and Stormwater Final Inspections

During cold season months, property owners may apply for a Completion Agreement (an updated policy formally known as an Occupancy Permit Agreement) to allow for occupancy before weather-dependent Planning & Zoning and Stormwater requirements are met (note, the project must still pass final building inspection). For step-by-step guidance on the process and the Completion Agreement application, see the following:
Completion Agreement Process Guidance
Completion Agreement Application