NIPSCO will be working on a number of projects and at a number of locations this week in Goshen:
• March 15–April 2: Beginning Monday, March 15, and through Friday, April 2, a subcontractor for NIPSCO will be relocating a gas main in preparation for roadway construction along Reynolds Street, east of Lincolnway East (US 33). There will be lane restrictions in this area from March 15 through April 2.
• March 16: NIPSCO will be inspecting a valve at the intersection of Logan and Monroe and will require some temporary lane closures for portions of the day Tuesday, March 16.
• Extension through April 16: Lane restrictions along Lincoln Avenue and Olive Street will be extended through April 16, due to the need to safely install a gas main around unmarked utilities in that area, and because of previous weather interruptions.
• March 22–24: Lane restrictions are scheduled between March 22 and March 24 on Dierdorff Road and College Avenue, as well as Kercher Road and Century Drive, as NIPSCO will be working to cut and install jumpers on overhead power lines. NIPSCO anticipates the work to involve quick setups and teardowns with minimal interruptions to traffic.
• March 22–26: NIPSCO has requested permission to close Olive Street, just north of the intersection with Lincoln Avenue, from Monday, March 22 until Friday, March 26, 2021, in order to complete gas main tie-in work. All necessary traffic controls will be utilized. Traffic will be detoured onto Steury Avenue.