The Greater Elkhart County Stormwater Partnership is again distributing a two-year calendar called “Elkhart County Waters: Ours to Protect” as part of our stormwater education program. The 2018-2019 calendar uses pictures donated by local photographers, combined with information boxes, to increase awareness of our rivers, streams, lakes, and wetlands, and how to protect them.
Information in the Stormwater Calendar includes:
- The answer to the question: What is a watershed?
- Information about rain gardens and rain barrels.
- Information about illicit discharges and household hazardous waste disposal.
- Information about topics such as the water cycle, stormwater runoff, winter salt application, water monitoring, floodplains, construction site runoff, agricultural conservation, and more.
- Tips for how you can get involved.
- Phone numbers and websites to pursue topics in more depth.
While supplies last, copies of the calendar are available at a number of public locations in Goshen and throughout Elkhart County, including:
City Annex Building (204 E. Jefferson Street, Goshen)
City Hall (202 S. 5th Street. Goshen)
Parks & Recreation Office (607 W. Plymouth Avenue)
Reith Interpretive Center (410 W. Plymouth Avenue – across from Shanklin Park in Goshen)
Sewer & Water Billing Office (203 S. 5th St., Goshen)
Water & Sewer Department (208 N. 5th Street)
Wayne Wogoman Welcome Center at Fidler Pond (1424 Lincolnway East, Goshen)
Elkhart County Administration Building (117 North Second St., Goshen)
Elkhart County SWCD office at the 4-H Fairgrounds in Goshen
Elkhart Environmental Center (1717 E. Lusher Ave., Elkhart)
Elkhart Public Works & Utilities (1201 S. Nappanee St., Elkhart)
Elkhart County Parks Administrative Office (211 W. Lincoln Ave., Goshen)
Elkhart County Public Services Building (4230 Elkhart Rd., Goshen)
Bristol Town Hall (303 E. Vistula St., Bristol)
Staff from the Elkhart County Soil and Water Conservation District, Elkhart County Parks and Recreation, City of Elkhart’s Environmental Division, and City of Goshen Stormwater Department all contributed to the project.
We hope you enjoy your copy of the sixth edition of the Stormwater Calendar.