The Goshen Street Department will make one last round of leaf collecting beginning Monday, December 11. Residents who miss this round can still take their leaves to the Environmental Center.
Located at 20100 CR 19, the center accepts brush and leaves, loose or in bags, at no charge to Goshen residents. However, if leaves are bagged, the bags must be emptied.
Winter hours: Dec. 1–March 31
Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
Closed Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays
Please keep this information in mind when raking your leaves for pickup:
- Rake leaves into long piles on the grass next to the street or sidewalk beside the curb, not more than 6 feet from the curb.
- For the safety of pedestrians and bicyclists, if you must pile leaves on the sidewalk, please leave as wide a walking path as possible.
- Leaves must be kept out of the street.
- The piles of leaves interfere with the flow of traffic.
- Later in the autumn, if it snows, the snow plows will be forced to drive over/through the leaf piles and end up throwing leaves from the piles far back into the yard.
- Residents and property owners that have a storm drain in front of their property are asked to keep the drain area clear of leaves. This will help reduce the chances of water backing up on City streets.
- When finished raking, spraying the piles down with water will help keep them from blowing away during periods of high wind.
- Bagged leaves will be collected, but it slows the city-wide collection down drastically. The leaf vac crew has to empty the bags out in order to vacuum up the leaves and they will leave the bags on the property.
- Do not place leaves in the alley—they will not be removed.
- Do not put sticks, twigs and other trash into or on top of the leaf piles. These items can damage the vacuum equipment and force crews to pluck these items from the leaves—another time-consuming task.
- Never park over a leaf pile. A hot catalytic converter can easily ignite the dry leaves and, in turn, your vehicle.
- Please do not park cars in front of leaf piles. The crews will not be able to collect the leaves.
- Park cars with at least 15 feet between leaf piles and vehicles.
- Please use off street parking during this time if available.