Sunday, December 10, 2023
The Goshen Street Department will make one last round of leaf collecting beginning Monday, December 11. Residents who miss this round can still take their leaves to the Environmental Center. Located at 20100 CR 19, the center accepts brush and leaves, loose or in bags, at no charge to Goshen... more
Monday, December 4, 2023
'Tis the season for spreading joy and reducing waste in Goshen! The City of Goshen's Department of Environmental Resilience is excited to announce the 3rd Annual Mirth Tree Ornament Exchange, a festive initiative to celebrate the holidays in an eco-friendly way. This is the third year residents... more
Friday, December 1, 2023
The Environmental Resilience Department poses with the award. Back L to R: Lee Bergey; Aaron Sawatsky-Kingsley, Director of Environmental Resilience; Levi Moser. Front L to R: Theresa Sailor, Education Grant Writer; Melanie Helmuth, Urban Forestry Assistant; Acadia Imhof; Alexa Kennel; Brandi Devoe,... more
To join the webinar please copy and paste this link on your browser: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88469251269 or call +1 312 626 6799. Webinar ID: 884 6925 1269 Comments are no longer taken online.
This meeting is in-person only.
Tuesday, December 12, 2023, 3:00pm
The above YouTube video "Nutrient Pollution" comes from the United States Environmental Protection Agency. For more information on how to reduce nutrient pollution visit the EPA's Nutrient Pollution website.
Clear Choices Clean Water also has an excellent Phosphorus Free Fertilizer Commercial that shows how what we do in our yard can affect our local water sources.
To go beyond the information in this month's Stormwater Toolbox Newsletter check out the following articles:
on Clear Choices Clean Water:
- Healthy Soils Pledge
- Native Plants & Gardens Pledge
- Lawn Fertilizer Pledge
- Water Conservation Pledge
- Clean Water Superhero Pledge (Just for Kids)
- Pet & Other Poo Pledge
- Septic Maintenance Pledge
- Volunteer Service Pledge
- Dead Zones
- Dead zones haunt Green Bay as manure fuels algae blooms
- Great Lakes Environmental Assessment and Mapping Project - Hypoxia
- Hypoxia in the Northern Gulf of Mexico
- NOAA - Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory - Great Lakes HABs and Hypoxia
- Eutrophication: Causes, Consequences, and Controls in Aquatic Ecosystems
- Just Like Guacamole
- Lake Erie Expected to Have Algae Bloom (July 7, 2016)
- 10 Things to Know About Florida's Harmful Algae Blooms (July 18, 2016)
on Nuisance Canada Goose Management"
- Indiana DNR - Nuisance Canada Goose Management
on Streamside Buffers:
- Tennessee Urban Riparian Buffer Handbook - September 2015
(Return to the Stormwater Management Home Page)