Friday, July 20, 2018
Note: The following message is from Mayor Jeremy Stutsman and Police Chief Jose' Miller: I was made aware of a social media post claiming the Department of Homeland Security would be present at the Elkhart County Fair and that 200 people were detained at the St. Joseph County Fair. Chief Jose’... more
Friday, July 20, 2018
This updated map shows the various roads through which visitors can access the Elkhart County 4-H Fair this year. Note that the new US 33 bridge is now open to traffic. Madison Street will remain closed during fair week to all traffic with the exception of the parade. more
Wednesday, July 18, 2018
The Goshen Redevelopment Commission adopted on July 10, 2018 Resolution 42-2018, Declaratory Resolution to Amend the Economic Development Plan for the Consolidated River Race/US 33 Economic Development Area and Allocation Area. Resolution 42-2018 preliminarily adopted and incorporated into the Economic... more
The City of Goshen Planning Department, Engineering Department, and Fire Departments have initiated regular plan review meetings (Technical Review) to review site plans prior to permitting. The intent of this meeting is to allow the developer to receive comments from each department, at one meeting. A project representative is not required to attend Technical Review, but attendance is recommended. Technical Review is not for preliminary proposals, which are reviewed through a separate pre-development meeting scheduled on an as-needed basis.
Contact Tracee Norton in Goshen Engineering with any questions at 574-534-2201 or email@example.com.
1. Three (3) sets of Plans and Plan Review applications and required forms are submitted to the Planning Department three weeks prior to the Technical Review meeting (see Technical Review Calendar).
2. Plans must include a completed checklist indicating where the required information is located in plan documents.
3. Planning Department keeps one set and routes remaining plan sets to the Engineering and Fire departments.
4. Plans are reviewed by each department and comments are prepared.
5. Staff from departments and project/development representative meets for Technical Review to review and discuss the project. Written comments are provided to the applicant one week prior to the scheduled meeting.
6. If revisions are required, the applicant must provide 3 sets of amended plans to the Planning Department. Plans must be dated and contain revised notes and symbols.
7. The Planning Department will distribute amended plans to Fire and Engineering Departments. Each department will notify the Planning Department when approval is granted.
8. Once plans are approved a Zoning Clearance is issued by the Planning and Engineering Departments.
9. A Building Permit is issued by the Building Department once a proposed development has passed the Building Department’s Local Plan Review, a Zoning Clearance is issued, and zoning and building permit fees have been paid. The following plans are submitted to the Building to obtain a building permit:
10. Required inspections are conducted by Building Department, Stormwater Department, and the Planning Department prior to occupancy. For more information on the Planning and Stormwater Departments requirements click here.
11. A Certificate of Occupancy (CO) is issued by the Building Department. A building may not be occupied or opened for business until a Certificate of Occupancy is issued.