Friday, February 17, 2017
This order is only for the following addresses: 401, 402, 404 and 405 W. Oakridge. On Friday February 17, 2017 beginning at 9 am, a scheduled water main shutdown is needed for repairing a Water Main. The water will be shut off at approximately 9 a.m. and turned back on once repairs are completed. The... more
Friday, February 10, 2017
The meeting of the Goshen City Plan Commission scheduled for Tuesday, February 21, 2017, at 4:00 p.m., has been cancelled. The regular meeting schedule will resume on Tuesday, March 21, 2017, at 4:00 pm, in the Council Chambers, Goshen Police and Courts Building, 111 E Jefferson Street, Goshen. more
Tuesday, February 7, 2017
Goshen College students, faculty, and staff will be able to ride the Interurban Trolley free, starting Wednesday, February 8th. Free rides are available at all times during normal operations of the Trolley’s five fixed routes just by swiping their current Goshen College ID card. The Interurban... more
The City of Goshen Planning Department, Engineering Department, and Fire Departments have initiated regular plan review meetings (Technical Review) to review development proposals. The intent of this meeting is to allow the developer to receive comments from each department, at one meeting. A project representative is not required to attend Technical Review, but attendance is recommended.
Contact Tracee Norton in Goshen Engineering with any questions at 574-534-2201 or email@example.com
1. Three (3) sets of Plans and Plan Review applications and required forms are submitted to the Planning Department three weeks prior to the Technical Review meeting (see Technical Review Calendar).
2. Plans must include a completed checklist indicating where required information is located in plan documents.
3. Planning Department keeps one set and routes remaining plan sets to the Engineering and Fire departments.
4. Plans are reviewed by each department and comments are prepared.
5. Staff from departments and project/development representative meets for Technical Review to review and discuss project. Written comments are provided to the applicant at the meeting.
6. If revisions are required, the applicant must provide 3 sets of amended plans to the Planning Department. Plans must be dated and contain revised notes and symbols.
7. The Planning Department will distribute amended plans to Fire and Engineering Departments. Each department will notify the Planning Department when approval is granted.
8. Once plans are approved a Zoning Clearance is issued by the Planning and Engineering Departments.
9. A Building Permit is issued by the Building Department once a proposed development has passed the Building Department’s Local Plan Review, a Zoning Clearance is issued, and zoning and building permit fees have been paid. The following plans are submitted to the Building to obtain a building permit:
10. Required inspections are conducted by Building Department, Stormwater Department, and the Planning Department prior to occupancy.
11. A Certificate of Occupancy (CO) is issued by the Building Department. A building may not be occupied or opened for business until a Certificate of Occupancy is issued.