Wednesday, April 19, 2017
Elkhart County and the City of Goshen Engineering Departments have been working closely on the intersection improvement at Kercher Road and SR 15. The first phase of the intersection project is scheduled to begin April 24, 2017, with installation of a storm pipe across State Road 15. Traffic on... more
Tuesday, April 18, 2017
On Tuesday, April 18, 2017, the water will be shut off due to Water Main Construction. A boil order will be issued when the water comes back on. The Indiana Department of Environmental Management requires the Water Utility to issue a boil water order for the affected area of: On S. 15th Street from... more
Thursday, April 13, 2017
In observation of Good Friday, all city offices will be closed beginning at noon Friday, April 14. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. more
The City of Goshen Planning Department, Engineering Department, and Fire Departments have initiated regular plan review meetings (Technical Review) to review development proposals. The intent of this meeting is to allow the developer to receive comments from each department, at one meeting. A project representative is not required to attend Technical Review, but attendance is recommended.
Contact Tracee Norton in Goshen Engineering with any questions at 574-534-2201 or email@example.com
1. Three (3) sets of Plans and Plan Review applications and required forms are submitted to the Planning Department three weeks prior to the Technical Review meeting (see Technical Review Calendar).
2. Plans must include a completed checklist indicating where required information is located in plan documents.
3. Planning Department keeps one set and routes remaining plan sets to the Engineering and Fire departments.
4. Plans are reviewed by each department and comments are prepared.
5. Staff from departments and project/development representative meets for Technical Review to review and discuss project. Written comments are provided to the applicant at the meeting.
6. If revisions are required, the applicant must provide 3 sets of amended plans to the Planning Department. Plans must be dated and contain revised notes and symbols.
7. The Planning Department will distribute amended plans to Fire and Engineering Departments. Each department will notify the Planning Department when approval is granted.
8. Once plans are approved a Zoning Clearance is issued by the Planning and Engineering Departments.
9. A Building Permit is issued by the Building Department once a proposed development has passed the Building Department’s Local Plan Review, a Zoning Clearance is issued, and zoning and building permit fees have been paid. The following plans are submitted to the Building to obtain a building permit:
10. Required inspections are conducted by Building Department, Stormwater Department, and the Planning Department prior to occupancy.
11. A Certificate of Occupancy (CO) is issued by the Building Department. A building may not be occupied or opened for business until a Certificate of Occupancy is issued.