The following is a message from the Elkhart County Health Department.
The LIVE Elkhart County COVID-19 Information Line is fully up and running. This is an INFORMATION ONLY line. We will not be providing the paperwork needed for testing. The phone number is 574-523-2106. Due to the limited number of calls, we are changing the hours and days. We will now handle calls Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
During this time of self-quarantining, we know that you are cleaning out your homes. Please do not hold a garage/estate sales at this time. There are several reasons, but first and foremost, this does not allow for social distancing, which can increase the spread of COVID-19.
We will continue to say, the best way to protect yourself from any respiratory illness, including COVID-19, is to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with 60% or higher alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Practice social distancing of six feet or greater (no group functions such as book clubs, meetings, and or congregations of 10 or more)
- Stay home unless you need to go somewhere.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and then wash your hands with soap and water for 20 seconds.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
We will continue to provide updates as changes occur. Please follow our Facebook page at Elkhart County Health Department Health Education Division www.facebook.com/healtheducation.echd, www.elkhartcountyhealth.org, or go to the Indiana State Department of Health’s website at www.isdh.in.gov/coronavirus for up-to-date information on COVID-19.