The following is a message from the Goshen City Court staff:
Goshen City Court has suspended all non-essential hearings until May 4, 2020. Any essential hearings being held will be posted on the front door of the Police and Courts building.
Do not bring anybody with you to court—they will not be allowed inside the building. If you have a fever, cough, shortness of breath, or are caring for someone who is ill, contact the the staff and do not come to court.
Please continue reading for important information you need to know regarding your case or ticket at Goshen City Court:
- You may view the status of your case online at mycase.in.gov
- You may continue to make required payments on your court fees at paygov.us or by phone to paygov at 1.866.480.8552.
- Traffic and City Ordinance tickets may be paid online at mycase.in.govor via paygov (see #2 above). At this time, if you intend to dispute your ticket, the next traffic court date will be May 20, 2020, at 4 p.m. You will receive a notice.
- Payments may also be made by money order or cashier’s check and ailed to Goshen City Court, 111 E. Jefferson St., Goshen, IN 46528. No personal checks will be accepted. Do not mail cash.
- If you were appointed an attorney to represent you and have an appointment scheduled to meet the attorney during the COVID-19 period of closure/social distancing, you will be contacted by legal aid either by mail or telephone. Make sure your contact information is available and correct by contacting the court clerk’s office.
- Everyone should contact the court clerk’s office to update their contact information to avoid having “failure to appear
or “failure to pay” consequences. the court will be notifying each scheduled case by email, text, or regular mail. If your information is not up-to-date, and you miss your rescheduled hearing, you will have a warrant or body attachment issued for your arrest for criminal cases, or your driver’s license suspended and your ticket turned in to collections for traffic and ordinance violations.
- Telephone: 533.9365
- Email: email@example.com
- Due to rapid increase of positive COVID-19 cases being diagnosed in our area, we are no longer open to the public for face-to-face transactions. We will remain open to take your calls and emails and continue to update all cases.
Please stay safe, follow the guidelines and precautions for the COVID-19 pandemic for your sake, your loved ones’ and your neighbors’.