The City of Goshen appoints boards, commissions and committees, comprised of residents and City staff, to help advise on various policy issues. Some of the boards are designated by Indiana statute, while others are created in the interest of bettering our community.
Members of these boards and commissions are appointed by the mayor and City Council.
For 2023, the Council must make the following appointments:
- Redevelopment Commission: 2 positions—1-year term
- Community Relations Commission: 1 position—3-year term
- Shade Tree Board: 1 position—3-year term
- Board of Building Appeals: 2 positions—2-year term
- Library Board: 1 position—3-year term
To read about these Boards and Commissions, go to: goshenindiana.org/boards-&-commissions
To apply for any one of these boards and commissions, go to https://goshenindiana.org/boardapplication and fill out the application.
NOTE: The City Council will make the appointments in January of 2023.