A. The City of Goshen Board of Public Works and Safety is seeking sealed bids for the purchase of property located at 611 N. Second Street, Goshen, Indiana 46528 (Parcel No. Parcel No. 20-11-09-206-004.000-015). The City’s offering price for the real estate is Sixty One Thousand Dollars ($61,000.00) which is based on the appraised value. The sale is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Sealed bids may be submitted to Angie McKee, City of Goshen Clerk-Treasurer, 202 South Fifth Street, Goshen, Indiana 46528 no later than 1:50 p.m. on June 17, 2019. All bids received will be opened at the Board of Public Works and Safety meeting at 2:00 p.m. on June 17, 2019. All bids will be open to public inspection.
- A bid to purchase the real estate is in the real estate’s present condition, AS IS.
- The use of the real estate must be in conformity with all applicable laws and regulations of any governmental entity or public authority, and must be used in a manner that would not be reasonably offensive to the owners or users of adjoining real estate or would tend to create a nuisance. A bid may NOT be conditioned on receiving a variance or rezoning to permit additional uses.
- The purchase price shall be tendered in cash or in other functionally equivalent form at the closing. The person or entity submitting the highest responsive and responsible bid will be required to enter into a purchase agreement incorporating the terms of this Request for Bids and other provisions negotiated. The purchaser shall be responsible for the loss to the real estate beginning on the date of closing.
- The real estate will not be sold to a person or entity who owes delinquent taxes, special assessments, penalties, or costs directly attributable to a prior tax sale on a tract of real property listed for tax sale. An agent of the person or entity also is not eligible to purchase the real estate.
- A bid submitted by a trust (as defined by IC 30-4-1-1(a)) must identify the beneficiary of the trust and the settlor empowered to revoke or modify the trust.
- The City of Goshen reserves the right to waive informalities or irregularities in the selection process. City does not commit to sell the real estate. City reserves the right to accept or reject any bids received, or to cancel the Request.
- Additional information on this Request may be obtained from the City of Goshen Clerk-Treasurer, 202 South Fifth Street, Goshen, Indiana 46528.