The following press release was published by the Michiana Area Council of Governments (MACOG). Read the full press release here.
The Interurban Trolley, serving the City of Elkhart and the City of Goshen will provide free public transit rides on Election Day, Tuesday, November 5, 2019, to help residents reach several polling sites. The Interurban Trolley will operate during its normal hours; 5:00 AM to 8:00 PM, although the Interurban Trolley information office will be closed for the Election Day Holiday. Route information can be obtained by calling: (574) 674-8894 or at www.interurbantrolley.com.
In addition, free rides will also be provided by Transpo, but only on the buses that operate on the Yellow Line. Regular fares will be charged on all other Transpo routes.
Interurban Trolley Access Riders who have ADA cards may ride free to any destination on Election Day, as a comparable service benefit.
The following polling locations are served by the Interurban Trolley:
Elkhart Polling Locations:
- St James AME Church, 122 Dr. Martin Luther King Dr, Elkhart (on Green/Red/Orange Line)
- River of Life Community Church, 2626 Prairie St, Elkhart (on Green/Orange Line)
- New Vision of Life Church, 400 W. Mishawaka Rd, Elkhart (on Green Line)
- Calvary United Methodist Church, 2222 W Indiana Ave, Elkhart (on Green Line)
- Tolson Center, 1320 Benham Ave, Elkhart (on Red Line)
- North Side Gym, 300 Lawrence St, Elkhart (on Blue Line)
- Osolo Township Fire Station, 24936 Buddy St., Elkhart, IN 46514 (on Blue Line)
- FOP #52, 1003 Industrial Parkway, Elkhart, IN 46516 (on Orange Line)
Goshen Polling Locations:
- Maple City Chapel, 2015 Lincolnway E, Goshen (on Red Line)
- Greencroft Goshen Community Center, 1721 Greencroft Blvd, Goshen (on Red Line)
- Dunlap Polling Locations
- Elkhart County Public Services Bldg., 4230 Elkhart Rd, Goshen (on Red Line)