Our city engineering department, the county and the Indiana Department of Transportation will hit the ground running this construction season, with much activity starting in April.
There will be a number of road closures and restrictions throughout Goshen beginning Monday, April 3. Drivers are asked to please be extra cautious when moving around the city these coming weeks and through the duration of the construction season.
Drivers should be aware of the following:
- Pike Street will be closed from the Elkhart River bridge to 2nd Street beginning April 3. A subcontractor will be installing signs along Pike Street over the weekend in preparation for the closure.
- A contractor will be restricting traffic at Lincolnway East (US 33) at Monroe Street with flaggers’ and Goshen Police Department’s assistance. Work will include the installation of a water main across Lincolnway East. The restriction will occur Monday and Tuesday, weather permitting, but could be prolonged until Wednesday if the weather doesn’t allow work to be completed. This water main transfer time was selected because it helps to avoid conflicts with Goshen Schools, which is off next week because of spring break.
- The intersection of 11th St. and Madison St. will be closed Wednesday, Thursday and Friday next week to allow HRP Construction to make another vital connection to the water system.
- Second St., north of Wilkinson St. – Niblock Excavating is starting work April 10 at 2nd and Wilkinson streets.
- Kercher Road, east of SR 15, will be closed on or about April 10. SR 15 will have lane restrictions. All work is anticipated to be completed by the end of May, if not before.
- Indiana Avenue Bridge Closure – Elkhart County Highway will be closing the Indiana Avenue bridge from April 24 to April 27 for bridge repairs.
As always, we want to thank Goshen residents and commuters for their patience during construction season.